Public Maternity Testing
When the maternity of a child is in question our maternity test can provide the definitive answers a family needs.
Maternity testing is useful in a number of different situations, including:
- When an adopted child and an adoptive mother are reunited after years of separation and would like to confirm their biological relationship
- When a mother who conceived a child through in vitro fertilisation would like to confirm that the proper embryo was implanted into her uterus
- When a family or hospital staff person fears that baby switching has mistakenly occurred in the hospital nursery
A maternity test works in much the same way as a paternity test. The child’s genetic profile is compared against that of the alleged mother, and an expert DNA analyst examines the profiles for evidence of DNA inheritance from mother to child.
Who is tested?
The required participants of a maternity test are the child and the alleged mother. If he’s available, the child’s father is also encouraged to participate. By submitting a DNA sample, the father assists the testing process—the laboratory can eliminate his contribution to the child’s genetic profile and focus on whether the child inherited any DNA from the alleged mother.
If the child’s father is unavailable for testing, we can still perform an accurate and conclusive maternity test.
Which Maternity Test is right for me?
You have two main options when choosing a Maternity Test:
- Testing for peace of mind, which produces results that can resolve family relationship questions but cannot be used for legal purposes
- Legal testing, which produces legally defensible results that are useful for such matters as family law disputes and immigration
Peace of Mind DNA Testing
If you opt for a peace of mind test, we will send you a free sample collection kit. You and the other tested parties will collect your own samples following the simple instructions provided in the kit. Please note that peace of mind test results are not legally defensible
Legal DNA Testing
If you opt for a legal test, your DNA samples will be collected by a neutral third party such as a doctor, a nurse or one of our representatives. This third-party collection is an important element of the chain of custody process, which will make your test results legally defensible.
Purchase a Maternity DNA Test
Maternity DNA testing for legal purposes
To order a legal maternity test, please call us at xxxxxxx. Order Here
Maternity DNA testing for peace of mind
Purchase a maternity test using our online order form or by calling xxxxxxx . Order Here